White Memorial Community Health Center (WMCHC) accepts most major health plans, including Medi-Cal and Medicare. If you need coverage, we can help you enroll you into a plan that is the right fit for your family and budget.
- Managed Care Medi-Cal: L.A. Care, Health Net, Blue Shield Promise, Anthem, Molina, plus Beacon and MHN for behavioral health
- Covered California: L.A. Care, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Molina
- Commercial HMOs: Blue Shield, Cigna, Health Net, Anthem Blue Cross, United Health Care, Aetna
- PPOs: We are in-network for medical care with Adventist Health, Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, and we accept most other PPOs as an out-of-network provider.
- Medicare Advantage & Cal Mediconnect: L.A. Care, Health Net, Molina, Blue Shield Promise, Brand New Day, United Health Care, Alignment, Humana Medicare, WellCare/Easy Choice
- My Health LA
- Family PACT
Below is a list of managed care health plans and coverage programs that we accept.
We also offer dental care covered under these plans:
- Managed Care Denti-Cal: Access Dental and Liberty Dental
- PPOs: We are in-network for Anthem Blue Cross and Delta Dental, and we accept other PPOs as an out-of-network provider.
- My Health LA Dental
No one is denied care due to an inability to pay or immigration status.
Health Plan Enrollment
Certified Enrollment Counselors are on hand to help families with assessing and enrolling our patients into many health programs offered by local, state, and federal government to give you the best options for covering the cost of care. Please note that each of these programs requires certain documents and information, and WMCHC appreciates your cooperation in providing us with this information.
My Health LA
Provides medical, dental, and behavioral health care at no cost to eligible residents of Los Angeles County. MHLA is not insurance. MHLA is a health care program for the uninsured (and un-insurable) residents of Los Angeles.
Who can get it?
- People who live in Los Angeles County
- Age 19 and older
- Meet income requirements
- People that do not have health insurance and cannot get health insurance
How much does it cost?
Medical, dental, and behavioral health care under My Health LA is free. There is no cost to apply for My Health LA.
What is covered?
- Ongoing primary care and health screenings
- Health information and advice
- Specialty care at Los Angeles County, Department of Health Services (DHS) clinics
- Hospital and emergency care at Los Angeles County, DHS hospitals.
- Prescription medicines
- Laboratory services and tests
- Other related health care services
How do I enroll?
- Make an appointment with one of our enrollment counselors by calling 323-987-1200.
- Bring with you a photo ID, proof that you live in Los Angeles County, and something that shows your income, like a pay stub or last year’s tax forms.
Covered California is the health insurance market where Californians can purchase brand-name health insurance under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
What documents do I need to apply?
The following documents are needed for every applicant:
- Proof of income (taxes & paystubs)
- Proof of Identification (for every applying adult)
- Proof of Citizenship/Immigration Status (birth certificate, green card, etc.)
- Social Security numbers for all family members/dependents
When can I apply?
Covered CA applications are accepted only during the annual Open Enrollment period or with qualifying life events during the Special Enrollment period.
If you are uninsured, the open enrollment period is the time to sign up for health coverage for the upcoming year. During this time, you can compare health plans that you are eligible for to make sure that they cover the health and financial needs of yourself and/or your family.
Sliding Fee Discount Program
If you do not qualify for other health programs, we also offer a Sliding Fee Discount Program. The Sliding Fee Discount Program is based on family size and income, which is determined by the annual Federal Poverty Rate. Patients will be given a percentage discount based on the sliding fee scale, with the minimum payment of $20.00, including limited labs, x-rays and medication.
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical, dental, or mental health care will cost. Ask the Front Desk for this estimate or request it when making an appointment.
If you have questions, please call 323-987-1200 to speak with an Enrollment Specialist.